Monday, June 4, 2007

Sierra Leone air crash kills 21

No matter what the cause, the loss of human life is always a sad event. And when you have a personal connection to either a place or a family that loses a life, the pain can be very devastating. On that note, my condolences go out to the families and friends of the 21 people reported to have lost their lives when a helicopter ferrying passengers to Freetown airport in Sierra Leone crashed. My condolences go to the Togolese people who lost more than a match on their visit to Sweet Salone on an international football match.

My finger was already wagging in the air in search of a culprit as I was contemplating the insecurity posed by some of the flights on African airspace. I have been on that helicopter and I remember sitting next to a container of fuel at the back of the helicopter from Freetown to Lungi airport. I am sure there will be a time to blame and point fingers, but for now, first things first. And my condolences go out to the families of those who lost their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment