Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Who is lying in Zimbabwe?

If I was not the culprit, this would have been an opportune time to say " aha I told you so." But as fate would have it, I am on the hot seat. So I have nothing to say. I feel like such a fool after ululating over the unripe and unsubstantiated news that the powers that be in Zimbabwe finally saw the light and were now gravitating towards some sense to quell the political insanity. It was said- with full quotes in Shona about how we are all one people who eat Sadza (ugali, nsiima) and Mathumbu- that the elders gave farm machinery even to MDC people including some leaders of both factions. I was so psyched. But now I am wondering whether it was the Sadza and Mathumbu that made me taken over so easily for a rough ride.

Now it seems that somebody stretched both their imagination and words about who got the machinery for farms. So, I am at a loss as to whom to trust after reading news in an anti-government paper that Arthur Mutambara, said to be one of the beneficiaries of farm machinery, denied the charges leveled against him.

Arthur Mutambara, leader of one of the factions, is quoted as saying, " I have never been offered any such land or equipment by the Zanu PF government. If offered, I will reject it with contempt. " And here is the kicker in the words Mugabe has previously directed at Blair, " Mugabe and his patronage system can go to hell and hang."

Beautiful Zimbabwe. What a lovely country! Country of of lovely dances. One step forward, ten steps backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment